We have heard thousands of questions, and chosen to provide you with the answers to some of the more common questions relating to a wedding or another type of special event. Any specific questions you may have, contact us at 865.980.8989 or by email: [email protected].

Where is the business office located for Smith Event Centers?

The office is located inside of the Flower Shop, 1410 Tuckaleechee Pike, Maryville, TN. Office hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm. Tours of the venues may be scheduled during office hours or after hours by appointment only. Office Phone 865.980.8989.

What guidelines are in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic?

Smith Event Centers is following Governor Bill Lee's Tennessee Pledge to reopen Tennessee businesses safely to limit the spread of COVID-19. 

Governor Lee strongly encourages persons to follow the Health Guidelines and maintain appropriate social distancing as provided to the "greatest extent practicable." (Executive Order #38, Paragraph 3)

What type of events can you handle?

We have hosted many different types of events including bridal showers, baby showers, gender reveals, wedding rehearsal dinners, wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions, bridal luncheons, family reunions, class reunions, business meetings, church dinners, birthday parties, graduation celebrations, wedding anniversary celebrations, memorial gatherings, business meetings, and many other various types of gatherings.

Can I bring in my own food and beverages?

We advise all our clients to hire a licensed caterer for their event; one with experience and knowledge of handling food service and experience with catering. Yes, we allow you to handle food & beverage service on your own but it's not recommended. There is a $250 additional fee to use the kitchen and or handle food service on your own. All vendors for catering and beverage service must provide a copy of their business license otherwise the $250 fee will be accessed. We will be happy to make recommendations for you of licensed caterers and bartenders/food servers which have met all TN State health and safety requirements. Alcoholic beverages are allowed but must be served to the public by a licensed and insured bartender. Cash bars are not allowed, nor is "BYOB - Bring your own bottle" at any of the Smith Event Centers venues. 

Are the Event Centers all together at the same location?

No, the Event Centers are all at separate locations. However, they are all tied to the Smith campus. We have separate Event Centers facilities. We offer the outdoor Smithview Pavilion, the outdoor Grandview Pavilion, the Life Event Center, the Hampton Hall banquet room, and the Brown's Creek Bridge.

What is the floral coupon included with the wedding packages?

The coupon included with our wedding packages is 20% off your wedding floral order. The coupon may be used for any floral, decor or gift item only redeemable at the Flower Shop, Inc. 1410 Tuckaleechee Pike, Maryville, TN. You may select any color or type of fresh or silk flowers, any type of container, any green plant or any type of gift item in the store. This coupon may not be used for table rental, chair rental or table cloth rental.

Appointments are necessary for wedding consultations at Flower Shop. Plan on approximately one hour for the appointment. Appointments are available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays. Due to the busy wedding season, wedding consultations cannot be scheduled on Saturdays. Please call 865-981-4222 to schedule your wedding consultation as soon as possible. 

**Flower Shop only handles one wedding per day, so its best to call as soon as possible to get your wedding event on their schedule book. Keep in mind weddings are booked on a first-come-first serve basis and Flower Shop helps wedding couples at all of the surrounding wedding venues, not just at Smith Event Centers' venues. 

How do I get a marriage license?

If you're getting married in the state of Tennessee you must first apply for a wedding license at any in-state county clerk's office. These offices are usually located in the county probate court or circuit court. Couples who complete a marriage counseling course by a qualified counselor or minister will be extended a discount on the license fee. There is no waiting period. You will receive your marriage license immediately after you submit your application. Tennessee has 86 offices where a marriage license may be acquired. In Blount County, it is located at the Blount County Clerk's Office, 345 Court Street, Maryville, TN 37804, 865-273-5800.  For additional information regarding marriage licenses in Tennessee, go to http://www.weddingvendors.com/marriage-license-laws/

Can I rent tables linens?

Yes, we will help you with your tablecloths and cloth napkins. These are ordered for you from an outside rental company for a nominal fee and must be ordered 2 weeks prior to your event date. We will supply tablecloths or other various colored linens, other fabric blends, sizes and cloth napkins for an additional rental fee. Some of our wedding rental packages include a limited number of tablecloths. You may also bring tablecloths on your own. Please check with our office for specific details. 

What are my responsibilities at the end of the event?

You are responsible to take everything out with you that you brought in - all your personal items & all rental items must leave with you at the end of the event. This includes all food & drinks. Any food & drinks that are left after your event, will immediately be disposed of.  Smith Event Centers is not responsible for anything left at the venue after your event. We schedule back-to-back events and we do not have storage facilities for your personal belongings or for items you have rented from a Rental Company. Please make the necessary arrangements with the Rental Companies to have their inventory items picked up at the end of the event or the following morning by 9:00 a.m. This also includes Sundays. Contact our Event team for specific details 865.980.8989.

Can I use Smithview Pavilion or the historic Brown's Creek Bridge property for a photo session?

Yes, we allow professional photographers to use our property at Smithview Pavilion and the area around the historic Brown's Creek Bridge for photo sessions for their clients, such as family photos, graduates, prom couples, engagement pictures etc. There is a $25 per hour charge and this must be paid in full before the photo session. This photo session for professional photographers excludes wedding photos. All wedding photography will be handled on the day of the wedding. The scheduled date and time must be verified through our business office. If you are a current Smith Event Centers customer, our property may be used for your photos at no additional charge. The date and time must be verified through the office. Call 865.980.8989 for details.

What payment options are available?

We accept cash, checks, all major credit/debit cards.